Saturday, December 16, 2006

'Tis the Season

I hope you are all gearing up well for the coming weeks of holiday madness. It's already crazy busy here. Many of you may not know this, but before becoming a stay at home mom of four and then a photographer of your beautiful children, I was a pastry chef. I have a full degree in culinary arts and love to cook and better still, EAT!! In light of Christmas coming, and all the cooking I will be doing, I thought I would share one of my favorite holiday recipes with you all.

Cranberry Walnut Bread.

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup butter
3 cups white sugar
3 eggs, beaten
6 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 1/4 cups orange juice
3 tablespoons orange zest
3 cups chopped cranberries
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease three 8x4 inch loaf pans.
Blend together butter, sugar and eggs.
Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients, alternating with orange juice.
Mix in the orange rind, cranberries and walnuts. Stir until just combined and pour into prepared pans.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

There you go. Enjoy.

And don't forget to check back soon. I have some special treats for my blog readers starting Monday!